Points to Remember:
- Global body World Steel Association (worldsteel) said it has elected JSW Steel Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) Sajjan Jindal as its vice chairman.
- The association has also appointed Tata Steel CEO and MD T V Narendran and ArcelorMittal Chief L N Mittal as its members.
- The new officers are elected for a one-year period.
- The board has elected HBIS Group Co Chairman Yu Yong as its chairman
- Roger Newport, CEO, AK Steel, has been elected as treasurer of worldsteel
- The board also elected a 14-member Executive Committee.
About World Steel Association:
- Formation: 10 July 1967
- Type: Industry trade group
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has been appointed as the vice chairman of World Steel Association (worldsteel)? Sajjan Jindal
- Who is the newly appointed chairman of World Steel Association (worldsteel)? Yu Yong
- Who has been elected as treasurer of world steel Association? Roger Newport