Points to Remember:
- Former opener Vikram Rathour will be replacing Sanjay Bangar as India’s new batting coach while Bharath Arun and R. Sridhar were expectedly retained as bowling and fielding coaches respectively.
- The senior national selection committee headed by M.S.K. Prasad has recommended three names each for all the support staff positions and the top names in each category will be appointed after the formalities with regards to Conflict of Interest declaration is complete.
- The 50-year-old Rathour, has played 6 Tests and 7 ODIs in 1996 without much success but was a domestic heavyweight for Punjab. He till few years back (2016) was a senior national selector under Sandeep Patil’s chairmanship.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has been appointed as national cricket team India’s new batting coach? Vikram Rathour
- Who is the current Bowling coach of the Indian national cricket team? Bharath Arun