Points to Remember:
- Uttar Pradesh government has launched a dedicated web portal and a mobile application, e-Ganna App, for sugarcane farmers of the state. Cane supply slip will now be issued to the farmers by sugar mills online.
- Launching the facilities at a function in Lucknow, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said his government is relentlessly pursuing the goal set by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to double farmers’ income.
- The Chief Minister said during the last three years of his government, a record amount has been paid to farmers by sugar mills. He said his government will ensure that sugarcane farming becomes a profitable venture for farmers.
- The web portal and e-Ganna App will help in eradicating cane mafia and middleman and strengthen cane development societies.
- The portal and the App will ensure transparency in the process of getting slips, and facilitate sugarcane supply by farmers to mills and check irregularities.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which state government has recently launched e-Ganna app for the convenience of sugarcane farmers? Uttar Pradesh
- What is the name of the recently launched mobile app for the convenience of sugarcane farmers by the Uttar Pradesh government? e-Ganna