Points to Remember:
- Tamil Nadu government has banned sex reassignment surgeries on intersex infants and children.
- It cited a WHO report that stated such procedures are medically unnecessary and often irreversible, with lifelong
consequences on intersex person’s physical and mental health.
- Intersex is used for people born with variations in sex characteristics, that don’t fit typical definitions of female or
About Tamil nadu:
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami (AIADMK)
- Capital: Chennai
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which state government has banned sex reassignment surgeries on intersex infants and children? Tamil nadu
- Who is the current Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu? Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Read More at News18