Points to Remember:
- The 182-metre-tall Statue of Unity in Gujarat has been featured in Time magazine’s ‘World’s Greatest Places 2019’ list. The list comprises 100 “new and newly noteworthy destinations to experience right now”.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s statue or known as the Statue of Unity is situated in Gujarat. Sardar Vallabhai Patel was the first Home Minister of Independent India. His statue is the world’s tallest statue standing at a height of 182 meters.
- The statue is located at the shore of Narmada River facing the Sardar Sarovar Dam. The sculpture was inaugurated by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 31, 2018, on the 143rd birth anniversary of Patel.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Gargantuan statue of which Indian statesman has earned a coveted spot in Time magazine’s World’s Greatest Places 2019′ list? Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Statue of Unity, which has been featured in Time magazine’s ‘World’s Greatest Places 2019’ list, is situated in: Gujarat
Read More at India Today