SSC CHSL Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2018-19: Tier I, II And III (LDC/ DEO)
The Staff Selection Commission better known as SSC is one of the premium government bodies that conducts the exam for CGL and CHSL every year. The purpose of this exam is to provide jobs to the deserving candidates and fill the vacancies that are available in various ministries and government offices.
- The jobs under the SSC CHSL 2019 are very popular amount students and lakhs of students apply for the same every year.
- The SSC conducts the exam of CHSL in 3 different tiers, which are mainly termed as Tier 1, Tier 2 & Tier 3.
- Tier 1 is the first level of the exam that is based on MCQ and is conducted on a computer system and the mode for this paper is online.
- The exam of Tier 2 is conducted in offline mode as it is a pen and paper-based exam in which the question type is descriptive.
- Level 3 of the SSC CHSL is conducted for some specific posts and the purpose of this is to test the typing skills of the candidates.
- The applicants who want to join the government department can apply for the SSC CHSL by filling the application form 2019 from the official website of SSC.
- The candidate doesn’t need to apply different times for different tiers and they need to apply only once for the SSC CHSL exam 2019.
- The candidates who have qualified for the first tier can appear for the 2nd tier.
- The SSC CHSL Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019 is mainly covered on the topics that the student must have studied during his high school.
The government is focusing on the development of our country and to do that, millions of new jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is one of the leading organizations that take the responsibility to conduct these exams. Along with SSC CHSL, it also conducts the exam of SSC CGL in a smooth way.
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam of the SSC CHSL is conducted in three different phases, which are:
- Tier 1: Online Mode Exam which is based on aComputer
- Tier 2: Pen and Paper-based Exam which is descriptive in nature
- Tier 3: Test based on the typing skills of the candidate
SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 1 Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL 2019 Syllabus Tier 1 is based on the Multiple-Choice Questions based and is conducted as a computer-based test.
Tier 1 of the SSC CHSL has 4 sections:
- Section 1 – General Intelligence
- Section 2 – English Language
- Section 3 – Quantitative Aptitude
- Section 4 – General Knowledge.
- Tier 1 Exam has 100 questions and the total marks are 200.
- The total duration of this exam is 1 hour.
- This exam is given in Hindi as well as the English language. Only the section of English is provided in english only.
- If any question is incorrect, then half marks will be deducted.
Exam Pattern of SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 2
- This exam is a pen and paper-based exam which is in descriptive mode. Thus, it is an offline mode exam.
- The writing skills of the candidates are checked in this exam thus, they need to write on given topics.
- The duration of exam is 1 hour and the total marks are 100.
- The exam of CHSL can either be written in English or Hindi.
- In order to qualify for the tier 2 of SSC CHSL 2019 exam, the candidate needs to score at least 33%.
Exam Pattern of SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 3
- Tier 3 is taken by those candidates who want to join some specific posts.
- Typing test is given by those candidates who want to join on the post of DEO (Data Entry Operator).
- Typing Test: This test is conducted to test the typing skills of the candidate. The candidate can select either English or Hindi language based on their preference. They need to have a typing speed of 35 WPM for English language and 30 WPM for the Hindi language.
- Skill Test: This is a special kind of test that is a part of Tier 3. This test is taken by those candidates who want to join in the post of DEO. The complete duration for the skills test is 15 minutes.
- Your selection of the job is going to be decided based upon the score you are going to get in the first two tiers of the exam.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019
The syllabus of the SSC CHSL 2019 is distributed under various sections. The purpose behind that is to check the skills of candidates along with their intelligence. SSC CHSL 2019 Syllabus includes the following:
- General Intelligence
This segment of the SSC CHSL exam focuses on test the general intelligence of the candidates. Here, the topics the candidate needs to prepare includes Semantic Analogy, Semantic Trends, Number Classification, Number Series, Figural Analogy, etc.
This section is conducted to test the English skills of the candidate. The topics that a candidate needs to cover in this include Errors, Idioms, Phrases, Cloze Passage, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Comprehension Passage, Antonyms, Synonyms/Homonyms, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude
This segment of the SSC CHSL exam is quite broad and the candidate needs to take care of this section. Some of the core topics that a candidate needs to cover in this topic are Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistical Charts, Number Systems, Mensuration etc.
- General Awareness
The General Awareness section of the SSC CHSL is conducted to test the general knowledge of the candidate. Herem questions based on the history of India, its culture, Geography, economics, neighboring nations, awards and honors, and related topics are covered.
- All the applicants who have registered themselves for the SSC CHSL exam will be given the admit card, which will be available on the official website.
- It can be downloaded from the official website of SSC only as no admit card will be sent via post.
- For those candidates who have successfully cleared the Tier 1 of the CHSL exam, they will get the option to download the admit card of the Tier 2 exam as well.
- The administered is choose only those candidates who qualify for the Tier 1 exam.
This is all the relevant information regarding the SSC CHSL Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019. You can find more information on the official website and the admit card will be downloaded from there only. Once all the tiers of the SSC CHSL 2019 will be conducted successfully, then the final merit list will be declared in which the names of the selected students will be announced.