Points to Remember:
- SpiceJet is planning to sell shares in its logistics business, SpiceXpress, in an Initial Public Offering (IPO) amid rise in e-commerce increasing demand for shipping across the region.
- SpiceXpress could be listed on a stock exchange within 12 months, SpiceJet Chairman Ajay Singh said.
- The one-year-old cargo division has four freighters and expects to receive another six by 2019 end.
What is an IPO?
- An initial public offering (IPO) refers to the process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Public share issuance allows a company to raise capital from public investors.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- What is the name of the cargo unit of SpiceJet which SpiceJet planning to launch its IPO? SpiceXpress
- Who is the chairman of SpiceJet? Ajay Singh