Points to Remember:
- SpiceJet said it has signed a codeshare agreement with Emirates that will allow passengers of the Dubai-based airline to book tickets on the Indian budget carrier using Emirates’ ticketing system from early 2020.
- While passengers of Emirates will be able to access the SpiceJet network from early 2020, SpiceJet passengers travelling from India to Dubai can take benefit of Emirates’ expansive network later, opening up multiple international connections
- The codeshare agreement means travellers from across the globe can book a single ticket with attractive fares to any of Emirates’ nine points across India and connect onwards to 172 domestic routes that are part of SpiceJet’s network.
- The codeshare agreement follows the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) by both airlines in April this year.
- Headquarters: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Founded: 2004 (as Royal Airways)
- MD: Ajay Singh
- CFO: Kiran Koteshwar
- CMO: Debojo Maharshi
- Founded: 25 March 1985
- Headquarters: Garhoud, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Chairman & CEO: Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum
- President: Tim Clark
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently Emirates has signed a codeshare and interline agreement with which Indian airline to give travellers to and from India seamless access to a wider and a stronger route network? SpiceJet
- Recently Spicejet has signed its first-ever codeshare agreement with___. Emirates