Points to Remember:
- Jamaican sprinter Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won her fourth World Athletics Championships gold medal in women’s 100m event.
- The 32-year-old two-time Olympic champion clocked 10.71 seconds to bag the top spot, while Britain’s European champion Dina Asher-Smith won silver in a national record time of 10.83 seconds and 2017 silver medalist Marie-Josee Ta Lou bagged the bronze in 10.90 seconds.
About 2019 World Athletics Championships:
- The 2019 IAAF World Athletics Championships is the seventeenth edition of the biennial, global athletics competition organized by the International Association of Athletics Federations.
- It is held between 27 September and 6 October 2019 in Doha, Qatar at the renovated multi-purpose Khalifa International Stadium.
- Location: Khalifa International Stadium, Doha, Qatar
- Dates: Fri, 27 Sep, 2019 – Sun, 6 Oct, 2019
- Nations participating: 209
- Host city: Doha
- Sport: Athletics
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who clinched gold in the 100m women’s World Championship 2019? Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce
- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce who won gold in 100m World C’ship 2019 hails from which country? Jamaica