Points to Remember:
- Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) London has conferred the Honorary Fellowship of the Society for the year 2019 to G Satheesh Reddy, Secretary Department of Defence R&D and Chairman DRDO.
- Reddy is the first Indian recipient of this prestigious award in over 100 years.
- The Society’s highest award is bestowed in recognition of Reddy’s pioneering technological contributions over the past three decades which has enabled the country to realise frontline military systems and world class missile technologies.
About Honorary Fellowship from RAeS:
- Honorary Fellowship from RAeS is one of the world’s highest distinctions for aerospace achievement awarded for only the most exceptional contributions to the aerospace profession. It is considered as equivalent to the Nobel Prize in the aerospace domain.
- The first Honorary Fellowship was awarded in the year 1917 and eminent persons have been conferred with this award which includes doyens of Aerospace such as Orville Wright, aviation pioneer known for inventing the airplane with his brother, Wilbur.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which Indian aerospace engineer has been awarded honorary fellowship 2019 by Royal Aeronautical Society of UK? G Satheesh Reddy
- Who became the first Indian recipient of an honorary fellowship by the Royal Aeronautical Society of UK in over 100 years? G Satheesh Reddy
हिंदी में पड़ने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें