Points to Remember:
- Rajasthan Minister Raghu Sharma announced a ban on the production, storage, distribution and sale of paan masala and flavoured betel nut containing magnesium carbonate, nicotine, tobacco or mineral oil in the state.
- Rajasthan has become the third state...where these products are banned.
- Production, storage, distribution and sale of these products will not be allowed in the state.
- All such products will now be banned in the state under the Food Safety Act.
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Deputy Chief Minister: Sachin Pilot
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which state government has announced a ban on paan masala containing magnesium carbonate, nicotine, tobacco, mineral oil and flavoured ‘supari’ in the state recently? Rajasthan
- Under which Act, Rajasthan govt. has banned storage, distribution and sale of paan masala containing magnesium carbonate, nicotine, tobacco and mineral oil, and flavoured supari in the state? Food Safety Act
- Which state has become the third after Maharashtra and Bihar to announce a ban on categories of paan masala? Rajasthan