Points to Remember:
- A Rs. 380-crore contract for installation and commissioning of nine Precision Approach Radars was concluded between Ministry of Defence and Chennai-based Data Pattern.
- The installation of these radars will enhance the Flight Safety at the terminal stages of aircraft landing at the airfields.
- The radars will be installed at Indian Naval Air Stations and Indian Air Force Stations by 2022.
What is a Precision Approach Radars?
- Precision approach radar (PAR) is a type of radar guidance system designed to provide lateral and vertical guidance to an aircraft pilot for landing, until the landing threshold is reached.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently Govt buys 9 Precision Approach Radars from Chennai-based Data Pattern worth: Rs. 380 crore
- In context to defence, what does PAR stands for? Precision Approach Radar
Read More at PIB