Points to Remember:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit the UAE on August 23 and 24 where he will receive the Order of Zayed, the highest civilian award of the country.
- The award is after the name of UAE’s founding father Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. It assumes special significance as it was awarded to Prime Minister Modi in the year of the birth centenary of Sheikh Zayed.
- So far, six countries — Russia, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Palestine and Afghanistan — have given their highest award to Prime Minister Modi. This year in April, Russia conferred The Order of St Andrew the Apostle which is both the highest and the oldest state decoration of Moscow. The United Nations too has conferred its highest environmental recognition — The Champions of the Earth award — to Prime Minister Modi.
- The Prime Minister would also visit Bahrain on August 24-25. This will be the first-ever Prime Ministerial visit from India to Bahrain.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will receive the Order of Zayed, which is the highest civilian award of: United Arab Emirates (UAE)