Points to Remember:
- Multinational pharmaceutical firm Mylan has announced it will invest $1 billion on capital expenditure in India in the next five-six years.
- Adding that each year it has invested $400-450 million towards capex, half of which was invested in India, Mylan called for the government to incentivise research and development in the sector.
- Mylan India’s journey started in 2007 after it acquired Matrix laboratories.
- Currently Mylan has 21 facilities and 15,000 employees working in India.
- Mylan N.V. is a global generic and specialty pharmaceuticals company registered in the Netherlands, with principal executive offices in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK and a “Global Center” in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, US.
- Headquarters: Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
- CEO: Heather Bresch (1 Jan 2012)
- Subsidiaries: Meda AB, Generics (UK) Ltd, etc.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- What is the name of the pharma company who is planning to invest $1 Billion in India on capex? Mylan
- Who is the CEO of Multinational pharmaceutical firm Mylan? Heather Bresch