Points to Remember:
- OYO (Indian hospitality startup) has acquired the Hooters Casino Hotel Las Vegas, its first US property purchase, for a reported $135 million.
- OYO said it would partner with restaurant operator Highgate to rebrand it OYO Hotel and Casino.
- The hotel, which has 657 rooms across 19 floors and a 35,000-square-foot casino, will continue to be managed by Highgate.
About OYO (Static GA/GK Important for RRB NTPC/IBPS RRB Mains 2019) :
- Industry: Hospitality
- Founded: 2013
- Founder: Ritesh Agarwal
- Headquarters: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Area served: Asia, Europe and Americas
- CEO: Ritesh Agarwal
- Owned by: Oravel Stays Private Limited
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which Indian startup has made its first property acquisition in the U.S, purchasing the Hooters Casino Hotel Las Vegas? OYO
- Who is the founder of OYO, world’s third-largest chain of hotels, homes, managed living and workspaces? Ritesh Agarwal
Read More at LiveMint