Points to Remember:
- Business software giant Oracle’s co-CEO Mark Hurd passed away at the age of 62 after announcing a medical leave last month.
- Hurd was appointed as co-CEO in September 2014.
- “Oracle has lost a brilliant and beloved leader who personally touched the lives of so many of us during his decade at Oracle,” Co-Founder and CTO Larry Ellison said.
About Mark Hurd:
- In 2005, he became CEO of Hewlett-Packard (HP). The company was first in the sale of laptops since 2006, and desktop computers since 2007.
- He was named one of the Fortune Magazine’s 25 most powerful people in the business in 2007. He was also listed in Forbes’ top gun CEO in 2009.
- Mark Hurd was appointed as president of Oracle in 2010. He became co-CEO of the Oracle in 2014.
- Oracle accelerated its focus on cloud technology and modernized under the leadership of Mark Hurd.
- Oracle’s share prices were increased by about 37% in five years during his tenure.
About Oracle :
- Founded: 1977, Santa Clara, California, U.S.
- Founders: Larry Ellison, Bob Miner, Ed Oates
- Headquarters: Redwood Shores, California, United States
- Executive Chairman & CTO: Larry Ellison
- Vice Chairman: Jeff Henley
- CEO: Safra Catz
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Mark Hurd, who recently passed away, was a co-CEO of which multinational software giant? Oracle
- Who is the current CEO of Oracle ? Safra Catz
- In which year, Mark Hurd was appointed as co-CEO of the Oracle? 2014