Points to Remember:
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik announced a special package of 500 crore to develop Puri as a World Heritage City.
- As per reports, the amount will be spent on a range of modernisation plans including infrastructure development, the revival of Musa river, among others.
- Patnaik also approved the redevelopment project of Jagannath Ballav Matha as an attractive pilgrim centre.
- It also includes a plan of rejuvenation of the Musa river and connecting it with the Mangala river at a cost of Rs 85 crore.
- The development of Atharnala as an iconic pedestrian heritage bridge with the support of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and the development of a lake on 28 acres of land at a cost of Rs 35 crore.
- This is not the first package announced for Puri as Patnaik had recently announced various projects for the region at a cost of Rs 265 crore under the Augmentation of Basic Amenities and Development of Heritage and Architecture (ABADHA) scheme.
About Odisha :
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Under which scheme, Odisha CM has recently announced 500 cr to develop Puri as World Heritage City? ABADHA scheme (Augmentation of Basic Amenities and Development of Heritage and Architecture)
- Recently, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has announced a special package of ____ to develop Puri as a World Heritage City. 500 crore
Read More at News18