Points to Remember:
- Noted mathematician Vashishtha Narayan Singh, who reportedly challenged Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity, passed away in Bihar’s Patna at the age of 77.
- Born on April 2, 1942, Singh had been suffering from schizophrenia for 40 years.
- Vashishtha Narayan Singh did his schooling from Netarhat school in undivided Bihar. He studied at Patna Science College after which he went to University of California in 1965 and completed his PhD on cycle vector space theory in 1969.
- Vashishtha Narayan Singh had taught at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, and the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Name the famous mathematician who once challenged Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity, who died recently? Vashishtha Narayan Singh