Points to Remember:
- Educationist, philanthropist, and businesswoman Nita Ambani has been named an Honorary Trustee of The Metropolitan Museum of Art. It was announced by Daniel Brodsky, the Museum’s Chairman. Nita’s election took place at the November 12 meeting of the Board.
- She is the first Indian to be so honoured.
- Nita Ambani is the Founder and Chairperson of the Reliance Foundation, a philanthropic organisation that has supported The Met since 2016, beginning with the exhibition Nasreen Mohamedi. That presentation was the first museum retrospective of the artist’s work in the United States and was also one of The Met Breuer’s inaugural exhibitions.
- In 2017, the Reliance Foundation committed to support exhibitions that explore and celebrate the arts of India. The first exhibition to benefit from this gift was Modernism on the Ganges: Raghubir Singh Photographs (October 11, 2017–January 2, 2018), followed by Phenomenal Nature: Mrinalini Mukherjee (June 4–September 29, 2019), which marked the first comprehensive display of Mukherjee’s work in the United States.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently who became the first Indian trustee in the 150-year history of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York? Nita Ambani
- Reliance Foundation chief Nita Ambani has recently been elected trustee of the Metropolitan Museum of Art which is located in? New York