Points to Remember:
- Russia’s new nuclear-powered submarine, ‘Knyaz Vladimir’, test-launched a Bulava intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) for the first time and hit a target thousands of kilometres away, the Russian Defence Ministry said.
- The submarine was in the submerged position during the test.
- It’s reportedly the first upgraded 955A model to be produced in the Borei class of nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines.
About Russia :
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Ruble
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Prime Minister: Dmitry Medvedev
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently which country has successfully test-fired a intercontinental ballistic missile from its latest nuclear-powered submarine for the first time? Russia
- Recently Russia’s most advanced nuclear-powered submarine ‘Knyaz Vladimir’ has test-launched ___ for the first time. Bulava intercontinental ballistic missile