Points to Remember:
- PM Narendra Modi and Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli inaugurated the first cross-border petroleum pipeline of South Asia.
- Motihari-Amlekhgunj petroleum products pipeline has been completed with a cost of Rs. 350-crore.
- The over 60 km-long pipeline is the first-ever cross-border petroleum product pipeline in South Asia.
- Currently, tankers carry petroleum products from India to Nepal as part of an arrangement which is in place since 1973.
- PM Modi gave the project’s credit to Nepal government and the two countries’ joint efforts.
- Nepal, officially Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, is a landlocked country in South Asia.
- It is located mainly in the Himalayas, but also includes parts of the Indo-Gangetic Plain.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Prime minister: KP Sharma Oli
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently which country inaugurates South Asia’s 1st cross-border petroleum pipeline with Nepal? India
- What is the total lenght of Motihari-Amlekhgunj petroleum products pipeline, which is joint project by India & Nepal? 60 Km
- How much cost is incurred to build 60 km-long Motihari-Amlekhgunj petroleum products pipeline? Rs. 350-crore.