Points to Remember:
- Madhya Pradesh CM Kamal Nath laid the foundation stone of the Bhopal metro rail project to be set up at a cost of Rs. 6,941.4 crore.
- Nath further announced that the Bhopal metro will be called ‘Bhoj Metro’, named after Raja Bhoj, the city’s erstwhile ruler.
- Around 28 metro stations, including two underground, will be built under the project.
The deadline for the first phase of the project is December 2022.
About Madhya Pradesh (MP) :
- Madhya Pradesh, a large state in central India, retains landmarks from eras throughout Indian history. Begun in the 10th century, its Hindu and Jain temples at Khajuraho are renowned for their carvings of erotic scenes.
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Kamal Nath
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently who has laid the foundation stone of the Bhopal metro rail project? Kamal Nath
- How much budget has been allocated for the Bhoj metro? Rs. 6941.4 crore
- What is the name Bhopal Metro which is to be built at an estimated cost of Rs. 6941.4 Crore? Bhoj Metro