Points to Remember:
- The Vice President of India, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu presented ‘Most Eminent Senior Citizen Award’ to legal luminary, scholar and former Attorney General of India, Shri K. Parasaran at a function at the India International Centre in New Delhi.
- Shri Parasaran was honored with the Award on the occasion of the Elder’s Day celebration of Age Care India, an organization working for the welfare of the elderly.
- Terms the Award as a fitting recognition to the ‘Pitamaha’ of the Indian Bar’
- Known for his erudition, discipline, hard work, honesty and ethics, Shri Parasaran’s legal canvas has been wide. With equal felicity, Shri Parasaran, throughout his distinguished career, had handled a wide array of cases– be they serious constitutional matters or inter-State water disputes
About K. Parasaran:
- K. Parasaran (born 9 October 1927) is an Indian lawyer. He was Advocate-General of Tamil Nadu during President’s rule in 1976 and then, Attorney General of India under Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi. Parasaran was awarded the Padma Bhushan in the year 2003 and Padma Vibhushan in the year 2011. In June 2012, he received a presidential nomination to the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of India’s parliament.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has been honoured with the ‘Most Eminent Senior Citizen Award’ by Vice President of India in New delhi? K. Parasaran