Points to Remember:
- Pravind Jugnauth’s ruling Militant Socialist Movement (MSM) won more than half of parliamentary seats, securing incumbent Pravind Jugnauth a five-year term.
- MSM won 38 of the 62 seats up for grabs while its rivals, the Labour Party and the Mauritian Militant Movement (MMM), garnered 13 and 9 seats respectively
- Two seats on the island of Rodrigues were won by the Organisation of the People of Rodrigues (OPR) party.
- Jugnauth, 57, became prime minister in 2017 when his father stepped down from the post, and has already introduced a minimum wage to try and improve wealth distribution.
- Capital: Port Louis
- President: Barlen Vyapoory
- Prime Minister: Pravind Jugnauth
- Currency: Mauritian rupee
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently, Pravind Jugnauth has been elected as Prime Minister of which African country? Mauritius
- Who is the current President of Mauritius? Barlen Vyapoory
हिंदी में पड़ने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें