Points to Remember:
- Eminent Malayalam poet Akkitham has been chosen for the 55th Jnanpith Award, the Jnanpith Selection Board announced.
- Born in 1926, Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri, popularly known as Akkitham is one of the most revered names in Malayalam poetry.
- Apart from poetry, his literary excellence has footprints in genres like drama, reminiscence, critical essays, children literature, short stories and translation
- Akkitham has authored 55 books out of which 45 are collections of poems including “Khanda Kavyas”, “Katha Kavyas”, “Charitha Kavyas” and songs.
- A Padma Shri awardee, he has won several literary accolades including the Sahitya Akademi Award (1973), Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award (1972 and 1988), Mathrubhumi Award, Vayalar Award, and Kabir Samman.
About Jnanpith award:
- Awarded for: Literary award in India
- Sponsored by: Bharatiya Jnanpith
- Reward: 11 lakh (equivalent to ₹12 lakh or US$18,000 in 2018)
- First awarded: 1965
- First winner: G. Sankara Kurup
- Who has been chosen for the 55th Jnanpith Award? Akkitham
- Akkitham, who recently won 55th Jnanpith award, is the eminent poet of which regional language? Malayalam
To get regular update about Job Vacancies, results and other job related notifications , subscribe our telegram channel.
To join click below link..
Career Options ✈
Get regular update on all job notifications on real time basis.