Points to Remember:
- India veteran tennis player Leander Paes announced that the coming year, 2020, will be his last year on the court.
- Paes has won eight doubles and ten mixed doubles Grand Slam titles. He received the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, India’s highest sporting honor, in 1996-97; the Arjuna Award in 1990; the Padma Shri award in 2001; and India’s third- highest civilian award, the Padma Bhushan prize in January 2014, for his outstanding contribution to tennis.
- He won a bronze medal for India in singles in the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games. He competed in consecutive Olympics from 1992 to 2016, making him the first Indian and only tennis player to compete at seven Olympic Games.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Tennis star Leander Paes, who recently announced his retirement, was awarded the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in which year? 1996-97
- Name the first Indian and only tennis player to compete at seven Olympic Games, who recently announced his retirement? Leander Paes
Dear All, To get regular update about Job Vacancies, results and other job related notifications , subscribe our telegram channel. To join click below link.. Career Options ✈ Get regular update on all job notifications on real time basis. https://t.me/CareerOptions