Points to Remember:
- India’s Komalika Bari became recurve cadet world champion at the World Archery Youth Championships held in Madrid (Spain) on 25th August.
- She defeated higher-ranked Sonoda Waka of Japan 7-3 in the final and earn India’s second gold on the final day of the Championships.
- India also won a gold in the compound junior mixed pair event held on 24th August and a bronze in the compound junior men’s team event.
- India concluded their campaign with two gold and one bronze medal in their last event.
- The 17-year-old Komalika is now India’s second recurve cadet world champion (under-18) after Deepika Kumari who won the title in 2009.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which Indian athlete became recurve cadet world champion at the recent World Archery Youth Championships? Komalika Bari
- Who became India’s second recurve cadet (under-18) world champion after Deepika Kumari? Komalika Bari
Read More at NDTV