Points to Remember:
- PM Narendra Modi will launch the Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana on September 12 in Jharkhand’s Ranchi.
- The scheme shall secure the lives of 5 crore small and marginal farmers by providing a minimum pension of Rs. 3,000 per month, to those who attain 60 years of age.
- PM Modi will also inaugurate the new Jharkhand Vidhan Sabha building.
- The scheme has an outlay of Rs 10,774 crore for the next three years.
- All the small and marginal farmers who are currently between the ages of 18 to 40 years can apply for the scheme.
- Jharkhand is a state in eastern India. It’s known for its waterfalls, the elegant Jain temples of Parasnath Hill and the elephants and tigers of Betla National Park.
- Capital: Ranchi
- Chief minister: Raghubar Das
- Sex ratio (2011): 948 ♀/1000 ♂ (18th)
- HDI (2018): 0.589 (medium) 34th
- Governor: Draupadi Murmu
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has launched Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana in Jharkhand on 12 September? Narendra Modi
- What is the capital outlay of Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana for the next three years? Rs 10,774 crore
- All the small and marginal farmers who are currently between the ages of ____ are eligibel under Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana. 18 to 40 years