Points to Remember:
- World Cup-winning former India captain Kapil Dev is the latest to quit Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Cricket Advisory Committee.
- Kapil Dev resigned as the chief of the CAC days after Shanta Rangaswamy stepped down from the 3-member committee.
- Kapil Dev was appointed the chief of the ad-hoc committee former in July 2019. The CAC was tasked with the role of picking the head coaches of India women’s and men’s cricket teams.
About Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI):
- Headquarters: Wankhede Stadium
- Location: Churchgate, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- President: C. K. Khanna
- CEO: Rahul Johri
- Vice president: J. L. Shinde
- Secretary: Amitabh Choudhary
- Men’s coach: Ravi Shastri
- Women’s coach: W. V. Raman
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which former India skipper has resigned from his post as the head of the three-member ad-hoc Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC)? Kapil Dev
- Who is the current CEO of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)? Rahul Johri