Points to Remember:
- Justice Muhammad Raffiq took oath as Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court. Meghalaya Governor Tathagata Roy administered the oath of office and secrecy at Raj Bhavan in Shillong.
- Mr. Raffiq succeeds Ajay Kumar Mittal who is now the Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court. He will be the eighth Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court.
- Justice Rafiq started his law practice in 1984. He practised exclusively in Rajasthan High Court in almost all branches of law.
- He has been recognized as an expert on the Indian Constitution, service, land acquisition, tax and company law cases. In 2008, he was appointed as Justice at the Rajasthan High Court. He also served as acting Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court twice.
- Capital: Shillong
- Governor: Tathagata Roy
- Chief minister: Conrad Sangma
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who took oath as Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court? Muhammad Raffiq
- Recently Justice Muhammad Raffiq took oath as Chief Justice of which High Court? Meghalaya High Court