Points to Remember:
- Portugal’s Joao Vieira has become the oldest person to win a medal in World Athletics Championships history, achieving the feat aged 43.
- Taking part in his 11th World Athletics Championships, Vieira bagged the silver medal in the 50 km walk event.
- Netherlands’ Troy Douglas was the previous oldest medallist, winning bronze in the 4x100m relay in 2003 aged 40.
About World Athletics Championships 2019:
- The 2019 IAAF World Athletics Championships is the seventeenth edition of the biennial, global athletics competition organized by the International Association of Athletics Federations.
- Location: Khalifa International Stadium, Doha, Qatar
- Dates: 27 Sep 2019 – 6 Oct 2019
- Nations participating: 209
- Host city: Doha
- Edition: 17th
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who became the oldest person to win a medal in World Athletics Championships history? Joao Vieira
- Joao Vieira who became the oldest person to win a medal in World Athletics Championships hails from which country? Portugal