Points to Remember:
- ISRO has designed and built a processor named “Vikram”, which will be used in all future Indian rockets to guide and control them.
- The Vikram Processor guided the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle-C47 (PSLV-C47) rocket, which carried India’s Earth-imaging satellite ‘Cartosat-3’.
- It was the first time the indigenously designed processor was used in PSLV-C47 rocket.
- India has two family of rockets — PSLV and Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV). The ISRO is also developing a Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV) with a capacity to carry 500 kg satellites.
- The Vikram Processor is used for rocket’s navigation, guidance and control and also for general processing applications.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Name the ISRO’s first indigenously designed processor, which recently guided the PSLV-C47 rocket? Vikram
- What does PSLV stands for? Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle
हिंदी में पड़ने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें
You May Also Like: