Points to Remember:
- The fourth edition of India’s largest confluence of digital-technology stakeholders, the IoT India Congress 2019 concluded its two-day event in Bangalore with a footfall of 1600+ participants and 70+ speakers.
- This year’s theme was ‘Mainstreaming the Internet of Things’.
- The two-day session focussed on ten tracks, namely: Energy, Healthcare, Defence, Standards and Regulatory, Retail, Digital Communication, Skills and Development, Agriculture, Manufacturing and Smart Cities.
- Smt. Aruna Sundararajan (Secretary of IT and Electronics, Department of Telecom), Arvind Tiwary, (Chair IoT Forum, TiE) and Dr. Dhananjaya Dendukuri, (CEO and Co-founder, Achira Labs) were recognised for their excellence and leadership in the IoT space. They received the Thought Leadership Awards from Sir Robin Saxby, Technology Entrepreneur, Ex-Founding CEO and Chairman, ARM Holdings plc.
- The two-day event was inaugurated by Shri Ajay Prakash Sawhney, Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India
About IoT India Congress:
- IoT India Congress is a flagship event organised by the The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). IoT India
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Electronics & IT, Department of Telecommunications, NITI Ayog – India’s apex planning body of India have all supported this event.
About Institution of Engineering and Technology – India:
- The IET office started operations in India in 2006, in Bangalore. Today, over 13,000 members and have the largest membership base for the IET outside of the UK.
- Chief Minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
- Capital: Bengaluru
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- What is the theme of Internet of Things (IoT) India Congress 2019? Mainstreaming the Internet of Things
- IoT India Congress 2019 is the ___edition of India’s largest Platform of Platforms for the Internet of Things. 4th
Read More at The Week