Points to Remember:
- Furthering government’s commitment in promoting the use of environmentally friendly products, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has given environment clearance to Indian Oil Corporation Limited to set up new 2G Ethanol plant at Panipat.
- The IOCL had submitted a proposal seeking environment clearance for its proposed 100 KLPD Ligno-Cellulosic 2G ethanol plant at Baholi in Panipat district of Haryana.
- The estimated investment in setting up the plant is Rs 766 crore.
- Industry: Oil and Gas
- Predecessor: Indian Refineries Ltd. (1958), Indian Oil Company (1959)
- Founded: 30 June 1959
- Headquarters: New Delhi (headquarters), Mumbai (registered office)
- Area served: India, Sri Lanka, Middle East, Mauritius
- Chairman: Sanjiv Singh
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently Indian Oil got environmental approval by the government to set up a 2G ethanol plant in which city? Panipat
- Recently Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has given environment clearance to IOCL to set up ___ at Panipat. 2G Ethanol plant