Points to Remember:
- Ravi Prakash, an Indian PhD scholar has won the USD 25,000 BRICS-Young Innovator Prize for inventing an affordable indigenous milk chilling unit for smaller and marginal rural dairy farmers.
- Prakash, PhD scholar of ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI), Bangalore, was a part of a 21-member delegation sent to Brazil by the Department of Science and Technology for the 4th BRICS-Young Scientist Forum (YSF), 2019.
- India won the first prize, carrying USD 25,000, in the forum, the Department of Science and Technology
- The technology can be used for chilling milk from the point of production by bringing down the temperature of raw milk from 37C to 7C within 30 minutes using nano-fluid based phase change materials, it said.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which Indian has won the ‘BRICS-Young Innovator Prize’ for creating a milk chilling unit? Ravi Prakash
- Recently Ravi Prakash has won the USD 25,000 BRICS-Young Innovator Prize for inventing a __. milk chilling unit
- Ravi Prakash, Who recently won the ‘BRICS-Young Innovator Prize’, is from which state of India? Bihar
- Ravi Prakash won the BRICS-Young Innovator Prize for inventing the milk chilling unit, whose prize money is? USD 25,000