Points to Remember:
- Indian Railways launched three applications for all-India rollout to strengthen the IT enablement of railways which will help ensure proper monitoring of projects being undertaken by Indian Railways and will boost the vision of Digital India. The details and the salient features of these three applications are as under:
- CRS Sanction Management System: CRS Sanction is an important aspect in construction, maintenance and up-gradation of railway assets. An online application for CRS Sanction Management has been developed in which all works pertaining to level crossings (closure, manning, shifting etc.) and minor bridges.
- Rail-road crossing GAD approval system: This project for online e-Governance platform was developed by Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Road Transport & Highways to expedite preparation, processing & approval of General Agreement
Drawings (GADs) related to construction of Road Over Bridges (ROB)/Road Under Bridges (RUB).
- TMS for construction: This application has been developed for new assets being constructed by the construction/project organisation.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Name the application recently developed by the Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, whose purpose is to expedite the approval process for the preparation of General Contract Drawing (GAD) related to Road Over Bridge (ROB) / Road Under Bridge (RUB) road construction? Rail-road crossing GAD approval system
- Recently Indian Railways has released __ new online apps to strengthen operational technology. three