Points to Remember:
- The Indian Navy will host military drill ‘Milan 2020’ in March which will witness the participation of several countries, Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik said.
- In a written response to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Naik said 41 nations from South Asia, Southeast Asia, Africa and Europe that share defence cooperation with India have been invited for the drill.
- The countries to whom invitations have been sent are Indonesia, France, Mozambique, Sudan, Israel, Qatar, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, Somalia, Kenya, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Myanmar, New Zealand, USA, Tanzania, Comoros, Maldives, Brunei, Philippines, Japan, UK, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Mauritius, Cambodia, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Kuwait, Iran, Madagascar, Bangladesh, Russia, Djibouti, Eritrea, Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which country will host the military drill ‘Milan 2020’ in March? India
- How many countries have been invited for the military drill ‘Milan 2020’ in India? 41