Points to Remember:
- The 2019 World Kabaddi Cup will take place from December 1 to 9 and will be organised by the Punjab government, revealed the state’s Sports Minister Rana Gurmit Singh Sodhi in Chandigarh.
- This year’s tournament will be dedicated to the 550th birth anniversary of Sikh guru, Guru Nanak Dev ji.
- Nine teams — India, USA, Australia, England, Sri Lanka, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan and Canada — are expected to take part in the tournament.
- Sodhi, however, informed that Pakistan and Canada are yet to get clearance from the Indian government.
About Kabaddi World Cup:
- The Kabaddi World Cup, is an indoor international kabaddi competition conducted by the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) in standard style, contested by men’s and women’s national teams. The competition has been previously contested in 2004, 2007 and 2016. All the tournaments have been won by India.
- In 2016, the first Women’s Kabaddi World Cup was held for women in India.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- The 2019 World Kabaddi Cup will be organized by which state government of India? Punjab
- This year’s World Kabaddi Cup will be dedicated to the 550th birth anniversary of___. Guru Nanak Dev ji