Points to Remember:
- The opening ceremony of the second edition of ‘India Myanmar Naval Exercise’ IMNEX-2019 was conducted onboard INS Ranvijay.
- Myanmar naval ships UMS Sin Phyu Shin (F-14) and UMS Tabinshweti (773) arrived at Visakhapatnam and would engage in professional interaction with Indian Navy personnel for sharing of expertise on various maritime issues between both the navies.
- During Sea Phase scheduled from October 20 to 22, INS Ranvijay, a guided-missile destroyer and INS Kuthar, a missile corvette will be carrying out a joint exercise with Myanmar ships UMS Sin Phyu Shin, a frigate and UMS Tabinshweti, a corvette in the Bay of Bengal.
- The joint exercise will encompass a variety of operations including anti-air and surface firing exercises, flying exercises using integral helicopter and seamanship evolutions at sea.
- The joint exercises this year have increased in scope and complexity and is a testimony of growing maritime cooperation between the two navies.
- Capital: Naypyidaw
- President: Win Myint
- Currency: Kyat
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- IMNEX-2019 is a second edition of joint Naval Exercise between India and which country? Myanmar
- India-Myanmar joint Naval exercise ‘IMNEX-2019’ has started in which city? Visakhapatnam