Points to Remember:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the USD 4.2 million redevelopment project of the 200-year-old Lord Sri Krishna temple in the Bahraini capital.
- PM Modi, the first Indian Prime Minister to visit the key Gulf nation, offered prayers at the Shreenathji Temple in Manama, the oldest temple in the region, and also the ‘prasad” that he bought with the RuPay card after launching it in the UAE
- The facelift for the Shreenathji (Shree Krishna) temple in Manama will kick off later this year.
- The USD 4.2 million redevelopment project will be on a piece of land measuring 16,500 square feet and the new four-floor structure covering 45,000 square feet will have an overall height of 30 meters.
- The heritage and the 200-year-old legacy of the temple will be highlighted in the redevelopment and the new iconic complex will house the sanctum sanctorum and prayer halls.
- There are also facilities for traditional Hindu marriage ceremonies and other rituals, promoting Bahrain as a wedding destination and boosting tourism.
- Capital: Manama
- King: Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa
- Crown Prince: Salman Bin Hamad Al Khalifa
- Prime Minister: Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa
- Currency: Bahraini dinar
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently, PM Narendra Modi has launched the USD 4.2 million redevelopment project of the 200-year-old Lord Sri Krishna temple in___. Manama
- What is the capital of Bahrain? Manama
- What is the currency of Bahrain? Dinar
Read More at The Hindu Business Line