Points to Remember:
- The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to launch a three-day intensive campaign in 47 districts to eradicate Filaria from Uttar Pradesh. Filaria campaign in Uttar Pradesh will start from 25 November till 10 December.
- UP Government launched this campaign because the central government has announced to eradicate Filaria from the country by the year 2021. The team will go door-to-door to provide medicine during this campaign.
What is Filaria?
- Filaria is spread by infected mosquitoes, especially through the parasitic Culex fatigans female mosquito. When this mosquito bites a person suffering from Filaria, it becomes infected. And when this mosquito bites a healthy person, the virus of Filaria enters into the body through the blood and also causes him to suffer from Filaria. But most infections remain unknown or silent and can be detected after a long time. There is no effective cure is available for this disease. Prevention is the only solution.
Filaria in India:
- Filaria is the world’s second-largest disease that is making people handicapped on a large scale. According to the World Health Organization, 65 million Indians are at risk of this disease.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which state government has decided to launch a three-day intensive campaign to eradicate Filaria? Uttar Pradesh
- Recently Uttar Pradesh government has decided to launch a three-day intensive campaign in 47 districts to eradicate ___. Filaria