Points to Remember:
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) launched the National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancements (NISHTHA) here aimed at training over 42 lakh teachers across the country.
- “Teacher training is our priority. In a bid to boost education and employment, we are focusing on reskilling the teaching workforce.
- “NISHTHA is the world’s biggest such project and will focus on training 42 lakh teachers from across the country,” HRD School Education Secretary Rina Ray said at the launch event.
- HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched the initiative’s website, training modules, primer booklet and mobile app built for the purpose.
About Ministry of Human Resource Development:
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development, formerly Ministry of Education (until 25 September 1985), is responsible for the development of human resources in India.
- The Ministry is divided into two departments:
- the Department of School Education and Literacy, which deals with primary, secondary and higher secondary education, adult education and literacy
- the Department of Higher Education, which deals with university education, technical education, scholarship etc.
- Minister responsible: Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Cabinet Minister
- Deputy Minister responsible: Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre, Minister of State
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- What is the expanded form of ‘NISHTHA’, Teachers Training Programme by HRD ministry? National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancements
- Who is the current HRD minister? Ramesh Pokhriyal