Points to Remember:
- The country’s first Central Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology (CICET) will be set up in Gujarat to give boost to the chemical industry, Union minister Mansukh Mandaviya said. The CICET will come up either at Ahmedabad or Surat.
- “The proposed CICET will help the chemical industry with research and innovations. The Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilisers also announced setting up of another campus of the Central Institute of Plastic Engineering & Technology (CIPET) in Valsad at the cost of Rs 54 crore for the benefit of tribal students and the plastic industry.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- India’s first Central Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology (CICET) will be set up in: Gujarat
- Who is the current chief minister of Gujarat? Vijay Rupani
- Who is the current governor of Gujarat? Acharya Dev Vrat