Points to Remember:
- The government has given approval for setting up four medical device parks with a view to support Make in India initiative and provide world-class products at affordable price for treatment.
- The four parks will be set up in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Kerala, sources said, adding that Uttarakhand and Gujarat have also approached the Centre for a go-ahead for such parks.
- These parks will provide necessary infrastructure, where companies can easily plug and play
- The scheme proposes to provide Rs 25 crore or 70 per cent of the project cost of setting up of CFCs, whichever is less, for creation of common facilities in any upcoming park.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently how many medical device parks has the government approved to set up with a view to support the Make in India initiative? four