Points to Remember:
- The co-head of Goldman Sachs Group’s India business, Vijay Karnani, is retiring after working with the bank for 21 years, as per a memo seen by the Bloomberg and confirmed by the firm.
- Karnani, who joined Goldman Sachs in 1998, became its Indian unit’s co-CEO in 2011.
- The role will then be solely occupied by co-CEO and Chairman Sonjoy Chatterjee.
About Goldman Sachs:
- Industry: Financial services
- Founded: 1869
- Founders: Marcus Goldman, Samuel Sachs
- Headquarters: New York City, U.S.
- Senior Chairman: Lloyd Blankfein
- Chairman and CEO: David M. Solomon
- President and COO: John E. Waldron
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has recently announced his retirement as the co-head of Goldman Sachs India? Vijay Karnani
- Where is the headquarters of Goldman Sachs India situated? Mumbai