1. Who founded the Indian National Party in Berlin during 1914?
(A) Subhash Chandra Bose
(B) Surendranath Banerjee
(C) WC Banerjee
(D) Champakaraman Pillai
2. In relationship of means and end ,Gandhiji believed –
(A) Means become good if they serve the end.
(B) Means determine the end.
(C) Means and ends are watertight compartments.
(D) End is everything no matter what or how the means are.
3. Who was the first Muslim President of Indian National Congress?
(A) Hassan Imam
(B) M.A. Ansari
(C) MaulanaAbulKalam Azad
(D) Badruddin Tyabji
4. Who among the following was the last Delhi Sultan?
(A) Rana Sanga
(B) Ibrahim Lodi
(C) Daulat Khan Lodi
(D) Sikandar Lodi
5. Consider the following statements:
1. In the Rigveda, the Saraswati River has been called the major in the rivers.
2. Many things of the Rig Veda are found in Avesta, which is the Iranian text.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(A) 1 only
(B) 2 only
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
6. Spring tides occur when ______.
(A) The moon, the sun and the earth are in the same line
(B) The sun is closest to earth
(C) The moon is farthest from earth
(D) The earth is at right angles with the sun and the moon
7. When was the first National Forest Policy issued by the Government of India?
8. The largest southern most single Island in India is –
(A) Minicoy Island
(B) Great Nicobar Island
(C) Rameswaram Island
(D) Car Nicobar Island
9. Which Strait connects Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal?
(A) Dover Strait
(B) Palk Strait
(C) Bering Strait
(D) None of these
10. Salal is the Hydro Power Project in –
(C) Jammu & Kashmir
(D) Himachal Pradesh
11. The Sarkaria Commission was appointed to review the question of –
(A) Legislative problems
(B) Tribal areas
(C) Centre/State relations
(D) Union territories problems
12. The annual report of the UPSC is submitted to
(A) The President
(B) The Prime Minister
(C) The Supreme Court
(D) The chairman of the Union Public Service Commission
Answer :- 1(D), 2(B), 3(D), 4(B), 5(C), 6(A), 7(A), 8(B), 9(B), 10(C), 11(C), 12(A)