Points to Remember:
- A food ATM, named Trupti, was opened up in Odisha’s Sambalpur with an objective to provide food free of cost to the underprivileged people.
- Sambalpur Municipal Corporation along with a local social organisation launched the food ATM, a 700-litre refrigerator, near the district headquarters hospital in Sambalpur.
- The objective of the facility is to facilitate a source through which the poor and underprivileged can get food free of cost.
- The ATM would enable people to donate leftover food from social gatherings and households. A refrigerator of 700 litre capacity has been installed inside the kiosk.
- People have been asked to donate vegetarian food only for it.
- The food ATM will remain open from 7 am to 10 pm everyday.
- This is the second food ATM in the district after Kuchinda.
- The food ATM at Kuchinda, managed by the NAC, was inaugurated on November 6.
- Odisha (formerly Orissa), an eastern Indian state on the Bay of Bengal, is known for its tribal cultures and its many ancient Hindu temples.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- What is the name of the second Food ATM which is being opened up in Odisha’s Sambalpur? Trupti
- Where did Odisha’s first Food ATM situated? Kuchinda