Points to Remember:
- Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman released a postage stamp to commemorate distinguished service and glorious contribution of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) in protecting the nation. After releasing the stamp, Sitharaman stressed on the critical need for training officers of DRI in using technology and data analytics to be able to inspire confidence of citizens and deter smugglers, the finance ministry said.
- She remarked that DRI continues to play an immense role in countering smuggling as well as in preserving the cultural heritage and environment of the country.
- The challenges faced by the organisation continue to grow with the adoption of innovative modes of smuggling, she said and called for increasing the concerted efforts of DRI, the statement said.
- DRI was formed on December 4, 1957 to function as an apex intelligence agency of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs to counter the menace of smuggling.
- DRI has established itself as the premier intelligence agency commanding the trust of international and national agencies with its intelligence inputs on myriad subjects inter alia ranging from fake Indian currency note, narcotics, gold, arms & ammunitions, wildlife, cultural heritage and commercial fraud, it added.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has released __ honoring the contribution of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence. Postage stamp
- Who has released a postage stamp to commemorate distinguished service and glorious contribution of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) in protecting the nation? Nirmala Sitharaman
To get regular update about Job Vacancies, results and other job related notifications , subscribe our telegram channel.
To join click below link..
Career Options ✈
Get regular update on all job notifications on real time basis.