Points to Remember:
- Facebook has announced its plans to buy New York-based startup CTRL-labs that specialises in allowing humans to control computers using their brains.
- The deal is reportedly worth $500 million-$1 billion.
- Facebook said the neurotechnology startup will help it develop its planned wristbands which will pick up signals, sent by neurons, from the hand muscles to execute a task intuitively.
- CTRL-labs is working with brain science and machine learning to create interfaces for people to control and manipulate computers by thinking.
- Its development-stage wrist-worn device uses sensors to track gestures and would act as an input device.
About Facebook Inc. :
- Facebook, Inc. is an American online social media and social networking service company based in California.
- Founders: Mark Zuckerberg, Andrew McCollum, Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes
- Founded: February 2004
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
- CFO: David Wehner
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently who is planning to buy CTRL-labs that specialises in allowing humans to control computers using their brains? Facebook
- In what amount Facebook is acquiring New York-based startup CTRL-labs? $500 million-$1 billion