Points to Remember:
- Odia women weightlifter Jhilli Dalabehera, who has brought laurels for both the State and the country in several national and international events, will receive the 27th Ekalabya Award for 2019.
- The annual award instituted by Indian Metals Public Charitable Trust (IMPaCT) comprises a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh along with a citation. It would be presented at the Ekalabya Award function, the date for which will be announced soon.
- Besides Jhilli, two other sportspersons will be felicitated for their remarkable performances in their respective fields.
- Women footballer Jabamani Tudu and women hockey player Namita Toppo will receive a cash award of Rs 50,000 each along with citations.
- Bhubaneswar Sports Hostel inmate Jhilli has bagged two gold, three silver and a bronze medal in different international weightlifting events held between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2019.
- “Ekalabya Award was instituted in 1993 to encourage and inspire young sportspersons to perform at national and international arena.”
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who will be honoured with the 27th Ekalabya Award for 2019? Jhilli Dalabehera
- Jhilli Dalabehera, who recently won 27th Ekalabya Award, is associated with which sports? Weightlifting